Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Spring break is FINALLY over.

I am so thankful that spring break is finally over. Seriously.
My routine can go back to normal.
During my spring break, I pretty much binge watched Netflix, nap, play with the kids, do learning activities with them, and eat. I basically didn't read anything school related. I tried to, but it just wasn't happening.
That was the first week (my spring break). My kids got two weeks off of school....
So I went back to school during the second week, and organization just went out the window. I normally do all my reading and the larger assignments while the kids are school, and the smaller stuff after bed time, but that just wasn't working out during that week. The kids were very distracting for me. Not in a bad way, it's just I don't like it when I'm away from them for quite a few hours doing stuff. I feel like I'm ignoring them, and I don't like it. Anyways I was all over the place with my school stuff. So I got behind.
And then Eliana and I got braces last week (during said 2nd horrible spring break week). Then the next day I had to go in for four extractions. To say it was a hot mess is an understatement.
I was able to catch up with my school stuff the night before and the morning of "extraction day", or so I thought.





So after a few days of mashed potatoes, and jello, I was finally able to handle the pain, and try to slowly get back to things. When I looked at all my school stuff, I realized I somehow missed a math quiz, English paper, and a discussion board. How I managed that? I have no idea. So Sunday night I was working until about midnight making sure everything got done. I wasn't even able to make my planner up to date with this week yet, since I do that every Sunday.
I am finally getting back into routine. And just thankful for that! I need to work on my planner ASAP.
Yesterday was the first day back for the kids, and I was able to get three homework assignments, a 440 point test all for medical terminology done. I also did another math quiz and a homework assignment and got a chapter of reading done for English, while they were gone. BOOM.
Feels good to get stuff done.
And now I'm back to blogging again as well haha.
Have you ever been distracted by your kiddos? What stuff did you put off?
Hope you had a great spring break, and make today a beautiful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment