Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Spring Break & Homework

So my children and I are currently on spring break.
I get one week off, while my children get two...really?!
Anyways, unfortunately for my children, I don't let them slack off school work just because they are on break. There is a reason my children are at the top of their classes, because I push them to think, learn, and express.
Right now, I have them do at least one assignment a day. Sometimes it'll be math, or reading, or art, or whatever I feel like doing with them. I let them do their "homework" by themselves. If they have any questions, I encourage them to give the answer that fits best, so basically I tell them to figure it out. After they are done, I go over their worksheets with them, and have them explain how they got certain answers. After that, the worksheet gets graded. I print the worksheets from different websites according to their grade level. Sometimes I go up a grade just to give them a bit of a challenge.



I spend at least one hour with each one of my children everyday, going over anything educational, whether it be reading, flashcards, doing arts and crafts, whatever! As long as we are doing something and spending that quality time together. I want my children to strive in their education. I hope that my children became extremely successful one day.
My daughter loves some subjects that I don't enjoy whatsoever, good example is math. She is pretty much obsessed with anything math. As well as science, which I actually love!
I hope she becomes a scientist or something equivalent. How wonderful would it be if she is the one who discovers something new!! She is also extremely creative! Goodness, I love the stuff that she creates out of just simple things!


My son loves to read and write, maybe he'll become an author of a best seller! How awesome would that be! I also love his creativeness. He draws me the BEST stick figures I have every seen ;)
I understand that most people would possibly undermine what I think my children are capable of due to the fact that they are only in Kindergarten and 3rd grade. I get that they are in the "easy" grades right now, however; this is the stepping stones to the rest of their education. If they don't do well now, do you think they will in the future?
So basically our spring break has been filled with homework, movies, reading, playing outside, Netflix binging, and napping haha.
I also have homework during my spring break. I am making study guides, flashcards, and reading. I can't believe that my spring break is almost done!! UGHHHH...
Oh as for the 21DF, yeah that was postponed until today, because we had a family day date yesterday, filled with shopping for arts and crafts, T-ball stand, and gloves, eating non stop it seems, a movie and just walking around. It was so much fun!!


How is your spring break going?
Have a beautiful day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment