Monday, March 23, 2015

Lesbehonest about weightloss.

I'll be honest.
I haven't focused on my weight loss in a while. I did pretty good when I meal prepped and after the food was done, I was pretty much done with the diet and the working out. 
Which got me thinking...
Why do I not want to work on my weight loss journey?
And this is where I had to be extremely honest with myself.
And this is what I came up with.
I just don't want to do anything about my weight
I don't believe I can do it.
It's hard.
I'll always be a "bigger" girl.
This breaks my heart...
It's like who have I become?
I remember how motivated I was to be my healthiest, and yet I can't even choose fruit over some tater tots.
I started to really try to connect why this time was different from all the other times.
I realized I wasn't mentally ready to lose the weight.
Weight loss is definitely more of a mental battle than anything.
And every time I would work out, and I couldn't keep up, it completely left me unmotivated, and validated that it's hard and I can't do it.
Then I get frustrated with myself because I always try to motivate others to be the best they can possibly be, and yet I'm not practicing what I am preaching.
Ugh talk about a slap to the face right there.
I look at all the amazing people I follow on IG and I am basically jealous of all that they have accomplished. And it makes me wish for those same results.
Not being mentally ready to lose weight is a challenge in itself.
SO now that I am done standing on my soapbox and having a violin play for my "feel sorry for me" speech.
This is the game plan.
I will schedule my workouts just as if I am going to class or an appointment.
I will prep my food for about 3-4 days at a time so that way I don't have an excuse to not eat healthy.
I will not go out to eat to temp myself with unhealthy choices, because I know myself and I will get the unhealthy choice no matter what.
I will document my workouts on IG (@pearshapedmama). If there is no picture, the work out didn't happen.
I am going to force myself out of this funk by taking it one day at a time.
I hope you all will help keep me accountable since I am putting this out there!
Let's do this together!! :)
 


Hope you all have a beautiful evening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment