Friday, March 6, 2015

Full Time Student

Hey y'all
So I know at this point all I talk about is school; however, it's basically consuming my life.
I feel like I eat, breathe, sleep school.
It's ridic.
My planner is SUPER packed with color coordinated markers and stickers.
I'm not gonna lie, my planner does look pretty :)
I get compliments on it whenever I bring that bad boy out. haha.


Anyways, I wanted to talk about school because it's something I never really was able to do.
Yes, I did take a few online classes here and there, and went part time every other semester or so, but I NEVER really got into it, or had time for it.
I was a single mom for so long that I ALWAYS had to work.
I did graduate as a medical assistant when I was 9 months preggo with my son. I had him a few days after graduation.
Anyways, so basically I just never went to school for something specific after that.
Now that I am going to school full time, I pretty much want to slap myself for not doing this sooner!
By the time I am done with everything, I'll be around 28ish...ugh that's horrible. I know I know, many will say that 28ish is still young, but I always thought I would have my shit together by the time I was the age I am now. I have two children. I always thought I would be a home owner, married, working in a wonderful career, and be skinny and hot (because lesbehonest, that's the most important thing haha).
Guess what...
Didn't happen.
But it's ok!!
I'm fixing all of that!
I'm going to school full time and I'm even going to be doing summer classes because I want to finish as fast as I possibly can!
Is it stressful? YES.
Is it frustrating at times, which leads me to crying and stuffing my face with oreos? YES, yes it does.
But is it worth it? YES. the few extra pounds may not, but to each their own haha
School is extremely important, and I use to know that a long time ago, but I'm finally grasping that concept again after all these years. I'm just so happy that I'm back in school, and showing my children that no matter what, you can always make something of yourself.
I'm happy that I am a full time student, and that I look like a hot mess next to these fresh out of high school baby faces. I'm glad that I am that girl who sits in the front of the class, asks non stop questions, and takes a ridiculous amount of notes.
Why?
Because at the end of it all, I'll be something, due to me working my ass off for it.
Are you going to school? Have you thought about going back to school? Did you graduate? What was your major?
Hope you have a beautiful day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment