Thursday, March 26, 2015

Are you washing your hair wrong?

This is completely random, however; I thought it was quite interesting.
I read an article about a week and a half ago saying that we are washing our hair wrong!
I don't remember the article or where I found or else I would cite it. (If I do come across it again, I'll update the post with the link to the article)
Anyways, apparently we are suppose to condition our hair first then shampoo!
WTHECK?!?!
The article said to condition your hair not the roots, more so focusing on the ends.
Let it soak for a few minutes.
I usually wash the bod and shave the l
egs during this waiting time.
Then I rinse with warm water.
I then wash my roots with shampoo, really focusing on just them.
Rinse with warm water, then a splash of cold water and I'm done!
This method is suppose to give your hair more volume, help with frizziness (hello curly hair friends!!), and make your hair softer since your really focusing on the conditioner .
I'll be honest, it completely felt WRONG the first two times I did it this way, BUT after the first use, I noticed how much higher my hair was. My hair was also softer.

This is when I let my hair out of the towel.
Left is normal shampoo/condition and right is a week and a half of condition/shampoo

 
 
This is after I brush my hair with a wide tooth comb.
Left is normal shampoo/condition and right is a week and a half of condition/shampoo
 
 
I can totally see a difference!!! My waves/nappy hair are more defined!
 
I'm not sure if any hair stylists will agree with this method, but I tried it and I liked it.
Have you ever tried this method before? Have you ever read something and decided to try it out? If so, what was it? And did you like the results?
Make today a beautiful day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment