Sunday, September 7, 2014

Inspire Yourself

Today is all about YOU.
When I first started this weight loss journey I was in a very dark, sad place.
I wanted to be like everyone else, in shape, pretty, successful, etc.
So I started to workout and lose some weight.
I would be super motivated for a week then lose focus for a week.
Then back on the grind for two weeks and then lose my focus again.
I was a yo yo dieter/worker outer (haha new word) all the way!
And the reason I never succeeded is because I would look to others to inspire me to change, or workout, or eat healthy, or do anything.
And it shouldn't be like that.
Now don't get me wrong, it is absolutely 100% awesomesauce that people look to others for inspiration! I do it all the time! I follow tons of people who inspire me to continue on my weight loss  and my personal growth journey.
What I'm saying is wrong is that you shouldn't look for inspiration in others when you haven't found inspiration in yourself first.
When I finally realized that I am responsible for myself and my efforts that's when things started to change. That no one is going to change me until I wanted to change myself. I started doing things I never did before, put in more effort than I have done before. I was starting to put in the amount of effort that I saw in the people that inspired me.
I had finally INSPIRED MYSELF.
I finally FOUND MY FIRE.
Remember, it's YOU who is going to have to get up off that couch and put those socks and shoes on and put in some work.
If you don't inspire yourself, you'll NEVER get better at anything that YOU want to do.
YOU are responsible for YOU.
If you don't find that FIRE inside of YOU to do EVERYTHING YOU possibly can to make yourself better, you can't expect someone else to do it for you.
It's like getting a personal trainer and have the trainer lift the weights for you.
YOU have to do whatever it is you want to do YOURSELF.
And please don't take this post the wrong way.
I think it's amazing when others inspire others to change, but deep down those people found THEIR OWN FIRE inside to help themselves push even further.
I look for inspiration EVERY DAY to add fuel to MY FIRE.
On instagram I follow a lot of accounts that motivate and inspire me just by some of their quotes or captions they have on their photos.
On pinterest I look for a lot of healthy meals, stuff to do with my kids, tons of DIY projects that I never finish, etc.
On facebook I look for fitness groups, or mom groups, or kid groups to see if I can learn anything new and see if it works for me.
INSPIRE YOURSELF.
FIND YOUR FIRE.
Everything and everyone else contributes after.


Love y'all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment