Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Update!

Well it has definitely been awhile since I've took the time to sit down and write on here.
Too tell you the truth I really miss it! This little piece of the internet that I like to call mine has helped keep me accountable for everything that I want to do. Mostly my health.
First thing first.
Has my health gotten better? It has I would say. Not as well as I have wanted BUT that is my own fault because I didn't put the time and effort into it as much as I should have. I think if I would have been focused the entire time during the past year, I would have seen more progress. But hey oh well. This journey is tough and you've got to live and learn.
So here are my progress photos so far!
The left is from July 2013 and the right is from this month. I've lost 40 pounds so far.
 


And also some other great exciting news!
I am back into college! This is a HUGE step for me. I'm not going to lie, I honestly never saw myself going back to school. I feel like I am too old and that I lost my chance to ever have that college education. I felt that I had to focus on my children now and just work a dead end job to support us. Also I didn't want to be in my 30s by the time I actually had a career to actually live the lifestyle that I've always wanted. I'm extremely terrified of going back to school. When I was younger I was so focused on school. I was pretty much "too school for cool", that is how focused I was. Then I had baby #1, which through everything out the window. I did go to school after my daughter for my medical assistant certificate. Which I got by the way :) That job didn't go anywhere because where I was living there were no jobs for that. Everything was about an hour or even longer away. So I just started working my booty off. I worked, and I worked to support my daughter and I. Then baby #2 happened. Then I started to work harder, and harder. I got two different jobs to support my kids and I. I did go to school for a few different things during this time period but something always came up. So finally I just gave up on school. It wasn't getting me anywhere except for in debt.
My boyfriend and I have been living together for about 6 months or so, and school always seems to come up. He always encouraged me and I would say "oh I'll eventually go" while in the back of my mind I was thinking "yeah right". Finally it got to the point where I needed to go to school. I'm tired of having a dead end job and not getting any closer to the career I want. So I had to bite the bullet and put my big girl panties on and get enrolled into school which happened yesterday. I was definitely out of my comfort zone. But I am glad I took the plunge. I realized that I was letting embarrassment block my way to getting what I want out of life. All my life I was the girl who did good in school and that had her life planned and then life happened. I was embarrassed that I wasn't living up to what everyone including myself had pictured for me. And I am so hard on my kids about school because I don't want them to make the same mistakes that I've made and I want them to successful in all aspects of their lives. But who am I to be hard on them when I am not even hard on myself. I want to lead by example and show my children that education is extremely important and even though I am in my mid 20's and that most of my friends are graduating with their master's by now that I still took the step to get my associates and eventually my master's. Yes I will more than likely be in my 30's by the time I'm done, but at least I can say that I did it, and I can show my kids that they can do it too.
Everything else in my life is doing great! The kids are now both in school! I'm glad that they are doing well and making new friends. The boyfriend and I are going strong and celebrated 1 year yesterday!
How are you doing with your fitness goals? Has there been a time where you let embarrassment stopped you from accomplishing something, if so what was it, and most importantly how did you overcome that and accomplished your goal?
Have a great night!



No comments:

Post a Comment