Friday, August 22, 2014

GOALS.

So I am going to write out my goals for the rest of the year.
When I do set up goals I put them in their own category that way I don't feel overwhelmed by having a lot of goals on one sheet.
Then I break them down by steps and what steps needed to be taken each month.
MY GOALS:
Fitness Goals:
- Be a certain weight by my birthday in November.
- Meal Plan
- Portion control
- Focus more on lifting
- 3x a week cardio
- increase water intake
- Look into Yoga
School Goals:
- GET A's!
- Get all work done in a timely manner
- Try to stay ahead
- Always go to school unless I'm dying or someone else is dying. Only valid excuse lol
Home Life Goals:
- Fix up the yard
- Keep adding more grass
- Garden boxes
- Train Milo (the puppy) to NOT chew on every. single. thing. he. sees. UGH!
- Being more organized. Spring cleaning anyone?
Personal Goals:
- More organized
- Being more positive
- More patience with the kiddos and the boyfriend and especially Milo haha.
- Being more productive
- Read more
- Learn to say NO.
- FINISH PROJECTS. (what, no one else starts DIY projects and don't finish?)
- Take time for myself
 - Try my best and don't get discouraged because I didn't hit a goal but was near it.
 So to show how I accomplish these goals, this is what I do.
I'm going to pick "Be a certain weight by my bday".
My birthday is in 10 weeks. I want to lose about 22 more pounds before then.
That's an average of 2.2 lbs PER week.
Is it doable? Yes.
ONLY if I eat clean and train hard, BUT I know myself and I know I'll slip up, so I will try my best and see what happens. See there? I am kinda hitting 2 goals at once. (Fitness & Personal Goals)

So I then break it down further.

I know I'm not going to eat 100% clean. Ain't no body got time for that.
So I am going to try to meal plan, and make my meals ahead of time so that why I can try to eat as healthy as possible, and learn portion control. I will mostly be doing this for only breakfast and lunch. I have a menu for home on what the family is going to eat for the week, and since the kiddos are at school it helps to only have to meal plan for 1 person rather than 4 with healthy eating and I don't want to be making food 24/7. Busy mamas know what I'm talking about :)
 (another goal I will be accomplishing off of Fitness goals)

I know cardio helps MY body lose weight so I will be trying to add running to my workouts 3x a week. (another goal being met)
I normally go to Zumba 3x a week but lately it's been hard to get over there just because I live about 30 mins away :(

So in order to meet my goal I know I should be consuming around 1400 calories.
I went to a few different websites to see how many calories I should be consuming in order to lose 2 pounds a week and got the same answer from them all.
So MFP is going to be my BFF for the next 10 weeks!

And I also know that in order to lose a pound in 1 week you have to burn around 3500 calories, so therefore my goal is 7000 calories burned PER week.
Again I know that I may or may not reach that goal of burning 7000 calories a week but I will definitely try my best!

I then write down my schedule for food, workouts, etc all in my calendar.
My calendar is pretty much my life.
Has all my bills, grocery lists/sales, school stuff, kids schedule, appointments, etc.
So if I have it scheduled in there, then it's happening.
I usually put AM or PM to let me know when I'll be working out.
If it's AM it's usually right after my kiddos go to school.
If it's PM it normally after my kiddos go to bed.
SO if you think having a calendar to help you plan, you can get a personal planner or go to this WEBSITE, where there is super cute free 2014 printable monthly calendars.

Here are a few pictures of some of my calendars that I use.


I want to eventually have everything scheduled by time just to increase productivity.
So being more active in planning and keeping track of everything will help me accomplish another goal of mine, which is to be organized.

So as you can, my goals kind of go hand in hand.

I'll keep trying to meet my other goals and I'll keep you updated on how things are going :)



Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment