Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Traditions & randomness of course.

I have come to notice that every year for the past (going on) 3 years, January and February have been pretty crappy months. Something always seem to happen during the beginning months.
I am going to keep praying that things finally change, or that this could be the last year where something unfortunate happens.
I pray this is not becoming a tradition for me.
 
So I am attempting to change things. I am letting go of things I no longer need or want in my life.
 
Like I've said in my previous post, I am going to be selfish this year and focus on my needs and wants. I don't care if others agree or frown upon that, it's my life not theirs.
 
It is something that is hard for me to do, because I am a giver. I try to give to others, help others, do everything I can, but I am so burnt out it is taking a major toll on me and my health.
 
My weight loss has been going pretty good. On days that I don't workout, I try to meet a goal of at least 6,000 steps for that day. Or I try to super clean haha. Same thing right?!
 
I started school this past Saturday and I'm already having issues. None of my classes are showing up online except for my math...of course. SO I have to figure that issue out, not an easy task if I say so myself.
 
I'm currently trying to simplify my life, and have been super cleaning. So far, I've gotten through a little bit of my closet, school books, makeup, most of the kids clothes, and some random papers. Not bad for the start of the year.
 
Next up are dressers, shoes, and beauty products.
 
Speaking of traditions,
Some traditions I am hoping to create this year are:
1. Read at least one book a month
2. Pick an area each month, and deep clean through whatever it is.
3. At least a weekly family game night, and a monthly family movie night
4. Read the bible, and write notes, and eventually pass it on to my children.
5. Go thrift shopping with my kiddos, and really teach them the value of a dollar. My mother was very good at teaching us the value of a dollar by having us work and pay for certain things. My eyes were opened at that moment I made my first purchase and realized how quickly money goes.
 
Well I'm not sure where this blog post is going. It's truly all over the place. So I'll just leave it here. haha
 
Have a great day!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment