Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Being a single mama...

is seriously some TOUGH stuff! My little princess is going into the 1st grade in about 2 weeks and I have yet gotten all her school supplies, all my little man doc appts are not set, and I forgot to get gas for the car today. My life is all over the place right now it seems. I am thinking about taking a break from school this crazy fast approaching fall semester. I have been looking allllll over Pinterest looking for some organization tips for my crazy schedule. No one really knows how truly busy I am. I'll go over a couple of things before I give a little run down of my schedule. My mother is in stage 5 of renal failure. Not the greatest thing to go through. I am basically watching my mother die slowly, but I am hoping she pulls through which I know she can! Also I am her caregiver. My son who just turned 3 last month suffers from epilepsy. That in itself is down right terrifying. I wish I could take all of this away from my family and give it to myself so that way they don't have to go through any pain or any more medical procedures. So with all that being said here is a little breakdown of how my week goes. Any advice on how to make the most of my time would be WONDERFUL!

MONDAY: wake up @ 4:30am to help my mom get her arm ready for dialysis, wake up the kids @ 5:30am to drive my mom to dialysis, get back home around 6am. Sometimes the kiddos and I go back to sleep or I start making breakfast. Pick up around the house a little bit. Give the kiddos a quick bath because here in AZ you HAVE to take like 5 showers a day just to survive the summers. Get them dressed, hair combed, teeth brushed, etc. Take the dog out for a 10 min walk. Finally able to start getting myself dressed for work. Leave my house around 9:30am to drop the kiddos at daycare, talk to the teachers about the summer camp process, and TJs potty training and napping. Go pick up my mom from dialysis, take her home, grab a quick bite to eat at the house. Leave for work around 10:15am to arrive before 11am. Work until 5pm. Get home around 6pm. Start dinner, take the dog out. By the time we are all done its around 7pm. Sometimes we will go swimming for about 30 mins or so or try to do something fun together since I missed them soooo flipping much through the day. Get everyone in the bath, pjs on, teeth brushed, book read, etc. My daughter is usually very easy to get to sleep at night. My son on the other hand can stay up until 11pm! Its the medication he is on for the seizures. It makes him sleepy during the day but not at night for some damn reason...So if he stays up, I would have been up for totally whopping 18.5 hours or more depending on when he finally goes to sleep. My week starts out very tiresome.

TUESDAY: Wake up 5am (after getting maybe 5 hours of sleep), basically same routine as Monday, but no dialysis. Get everyone out of the house by 7am. Work from 8 to 5. Get home at 6. See Monday for the nightly routine.

WEDNESDAY: SEE MONDAY.

THURSDAY: SEE TUESDAY.

FRIDAY: Same as Monday morning. Sometimes I go to work on this day sometimes I don't. It depends on whether the kiddos or my mom have doc appts or not. Also if TJ has his developmental analysis (which take 2 hours every other Friday). When I don't have anything planned on a Friday, I go to work because what single mama can't use the money? Otherwise it is filled with doc appts/errands starting @ 8am until about 4pm.

SATURDAY: I usually pick up hours on the weekends so I go to work from 5am to 3pm. So I wake up @ 3am...Yes I said 3! Get home around 3:30pm. Already have stuff to do once I get home. Take the kids to a bday party, family get-together, pool party, etc. Get to bed whenever the little man finally crashes.

SUNDAY: I pick up some hours at work again. This time I go in from 5am to 11am. So yes I wake up at 3am...again...by the time I get home I am so exhausted that I just want to crash but I can't because I have my apt to clean, groceries to buy for the week, wash clothes, etc. By the time everything is done its around 8pm. Finally go to sleep whenever the little man crashes of course.

Any also any time that I can find, I do my homework and my daughter's homework. Mostly we focus on hers because she is more important =]

Now that I written out the crazy packed schedule that I have I see the problem is probably the fact that I don't sleep! I am shocked how little sleep I get. Anywho, any advice on organizing life would be wonderful. Or a winning lottery ticket so I can hire people to do everything and I could sleep on the beach with my kiddos and of course RYAN!



So please people help a singlemamaplus2 out! Tell me some secrets you keep up your sleeve to somehow get everything done.

Thanks!

E


No comments:

Post a Comment